The High Quality Journal Forum provides an opportunity for researchers and practitioners to present the objectives and outcomes of the accepted/published papers in the journal of Future Generation Computer Systems and Journal of Network and Computer Applications at the main conference of IoTBDS 2016 and 2017, as well as the new entry, Journal of Applied Soft Computing, at the main conference of IoTBDS 2017.
Participants are invited to prepare a 15 minute oral/poster presentation of their journal paper at a special session.
The goal of this forum (minimum 4 participants; maximum 8) is to provide a focused discussion on innovative topics, provide a framework to editors discuss future directions for the accepted/published papers, to network with other researchers potentially interested in submitting a paper to these journals and increase the visibility and citations. Registration to IoTBDS, COMPLEXIS 2017, CLOSER 2017, SMARTGREENS 2017 and VEHITS 2017 conferences allows free access to the High Quality Journal Forum (as a non-speaker).
Victor Chang, IBSS, Xi'an Jiaotong Liverpool University, China
Francisco Herrera, University of Granada, Spain
High Quality Journal Forum Requirements and Rules
The HQJ Forum is based on the following requirements and rules:
- It is open only to participants who have accepted/published papers in high quality journals.
- Each participant with an accepted/published paper at the aforementioned journals must register for the forum and attend IOTBDS or COMPLEXIS conference.
- Participants that have already an accepted paper at the IOTBDS and COMPLEXIS conference can attend the HQJ Forum free of charge. All other participants have to register in the conference with at least a one-day pass for the day of the HQJ Forum is held.
- Paper length: 2 pages including the summary of the HQJ Forum. Authors of the accepted papers should include any evidence of acceptance when they submit their interest to present.
- Registered papers will be included in the Book of Abstracts. However, they will not be included in the book of proceedings as archival publications therefore they will remain free of copyright.
- Authors of the approved list of top journals can also present and should ask for the secretariat and main chair for approval
- Authors of published papers should include links to download their papers; authors of accepted papers can provide some evidence that paper has been fully accepted.
BEST HQJ Forum Paper AWARD
A "Best HQJ Forum Paper Award" will be conferred to a participant of a paper presented at the FGCS Forum, selected by the board based on the combination of paper reviewing marks and the feedback of the HQJ Board. The award will be announced and bestowed at the conference closing session. The author of an awarded paper will be entitled to:
- A signed and stamped official award certificate;
- The announcement of their achievement on a special conference webpage;
- A voucher for a free or reduced registration* in one event sponsored by INSTICC, valid during a 12 months period, including all conference materials (without the printed proceedings). This voucher is only available if the presenter attends the closing session and receives the award.
HQJ Forum Submission: February 17, 2017
Author Notification: March 3, 2017
Camera Ready and Registration: March 15, 2017
HOW TO APPLY TO THE HQJ FORUM
To apply for participation at the HQJ Forum, please submit with your abstract a copy of the paper acceptance notification from HQJ if the paper has been accepted but not yet published in Elsevier. All entries must be submitted through the online submission platform PRIMORIS (http://www.insticc.org/Primoris/Default.aspx)
After the submission has been successfully completed, authors will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail.
ACCEPTED PARTICIPANTS SHOULD PREPARE:
1. A 15 minute presentation of their accepted/published papers in a journal to be used for introducing discussion about their objectives and outcomes.